Its only February and I still have my Christmas garland up on my front porch steps so I figure it is not to late to be posting about my goals for this year.
I recently read a quote that said “Most people over estimate what they can do in one year, but under estimate what they can do in five years.” As I thought about that, and looked back on the big things I have accomplished, and can see how that holds very true. Watching a small business grow, graduating college, and a few other personal goals, over time great things really can be accomplished. The cool thing is that by setting little goals nothing should seem that daunting. For me, As I continue down the path of entrepreneurship, I have all sorts of little business goals. It seems that the more buyers, stores and professionals I meet, they all have little bits of advise to incorporate in my master plan, so its always evolving. But that is goal Number 1 for this year. I won’t bore you with all the details. But just know that great things are in store for this area of my life.
In addition to my big business goals that will take up the majority of my time, I did set some more fun and frivolous goals. They are important too!
1) Take an international trip this year – its in the works! I don’t want to spoil the surprise of where for you just yet.
2) Wear more lipstick – I need to get to Walgreens to buy some ASAP
3) Photography – Finally learn how to use my “fancy” camera.
4) Volunteer – I am still looking for the right cause to give some extra hours too. But I do feel like giving my time will make me happier. I don’t have a ton of time to give.. but hopefully I can give enough to make it worthwhile to me and the cause I choose. ( I am leaning towards make-a-wish)
5) Document my life story – Both online and offline. And seriously, I realize that I may be the only one that ever looks at my blog.
6) Get rid of my excess stuff – I figure I could shed about 25% of my belonging and not even notice. I have already started on some areas in my house. I need to tackle my closet and garage.
There you have it… they are posted – I am committed. Hold me to them.